Skip to main content

48 Questions, 48 Answers

Back in days when I used to blog without the distraction of Twitter, I'd sometime take part in fun little meme's, like this one. These are so much fun and can really get the writing juices flowing.

Here we go... kicking it old school:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

Yes! I am named after my grandmother from my father's side, Loukia. She's Italian (but the rest of me is Greek!) and so her real name is Lucia. In English, my name is Lucy. A lot of my friends call me Loulou, too.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

This morning, on my drive to work. I hadn't had my coffee yet. But really, I was in tears because my little kindergartener didn't want me to leave him and he was teary when I dropped him off at school. My heart!

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

If I try really hard, yes. Otherwise, no. It also totally depends on the pen and the colour of the ink, too.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

Um... bacon? Bacon is always the answer.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

Two amazing, active, lovely, beautiful, smart and oh-so-funny boys. A just turned five year old, and seven and a half year old. They're the reason my house doesn't look like a Pottery Barn catalogue anymore, God bless them and their messy ways.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

Is this a trick question? I would like to think the answer would be yes. I'm fun, and I think I'm a great friend.
And I've only been in TWO car accidents while my friends have been sitting in the passenger seat.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

Yes.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

Yup.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

Never! And the older I get, the more scared I get of things that didn't used to scare me. Like roller coasters, skiing, tubing, scary movies, flying, and the gym.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

Apple Jacks! And it's so sad, because Canada stopped selling Apple Jacks years ago. Once a year, though, they magically make an appearance at the grocery store and I madly stock-pile all the boxes into my shopping cart.

I also love Kellogg's Oat's and Honey cereal. Yum, yum!

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

If I had to untie my shoes when taking them off, that would mean I'd have been wearing my... running shoes? That doesn't happen very often. Even though I do love (okay, that's a lie, I sort of like) going to the gym, I don't go as often as I should... therefore 90% of the shoes I own and wear don't have things that need to be untied!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

It depends on the situation. Sometimes I think I'm very strong, like I can stand outside when it's minus 40 because I'm Canadian, and I can take really hot showers. But, about things that worry me? Not at all. I'm strong for my children, though. Physically, I do think I am strong. Am I strong-minded? Very.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?

I love ice cream! And I'd have to say French Vanilla. Or Prailines and Cream. Yum!

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?

Their appearance and if they are friendly and have a smile on their face. Mean people suck.

15. RED OR PINK?

100% pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?

I worry too much, all the time. I don't have a lot of patience. Like when I want something, I want it NOW. no, YESTERDAY! Also, I tend to yell sometimes. Hey, it's because I'm Greek, don't blame me.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?

I miss my best friend Suzanne who lives in Toronto. I miss my other best friend Mary who moved to DUBAI. I miss my blogging friends, like Jessica and Ali especially right after we've bonded together at a conference for three days. I miss my 19 year old abs and the original 90210.

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Lunges. Those are killer. Also, I need to work on not eating unless I'm hungry. And I need to work on stopping to eat when I'm no longer hungry.

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

Black knee boots with a cute wedge heel over my skinny jeans! They are so nice and they were only $19.00 from Old Navy. Great deals make me so happy.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

I had yogurt with strawberries and granola this morning WHILE I was getting a pedicure. I am all about multi-tasking!

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

I'm listening to the sound of my fingers typing on my keyboard, while I'm looking at downtown Ottawa from my office window.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

A turquoise blue, or a hot pink.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?

My children. I love inhaling them! Also, if we're talking abou perfume? Prada Candy and Burberry Body. I also love the smell of coconut, vanilla, and the ocean. While I'm drinking a Pina Colada.

24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?

Very important. I am passionate about politics and voting. I'm passionate about speaking your mind, standing up for what you believe in, and trying to make positive changes in the world we live in. I'm all about equality, and universal health care for everyone. I'm thankful to live in a country as great as Canada.

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?

Beach house, please. In Capri. That way I get the ocean and the beautiful moutains.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

I love watching my children swim, and watching my oldest son play soccer. I also love watching Euro Cup or World Cup, Stanley Cup Play-Offs, and F1. F1 in person, in Montreal is amazing, even if it causes hearing loss.

27. HAIR COLOR?

I'm blonde. And I love it!

28. EYE COLOR?

Light brown.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?

Nope.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?

Carbs are my favourite food. Pizza, pasta, bread.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

I can't do scary movies anymore. I still have nightmares about The Grudge and The Ring and Blair Witch Project and The Shining and Paranormal Activity. Cannot. Stand. Horror. Movies. Happy Endings, all the way, thank you.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

Les Miserables. Not scary, but very sad. Also, a sort of happy ending, so there's that.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?

Black turtleneck. It's minus 40 degrees out today!

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?

I love winter because I have no choice—I live in Canada! I do love how pretty snow make everything look, and skiing is a lot of fun. However, I'm a total summer girl. I love little dresses and flip flops and swimming every day and tanned skin and walking everywhere and not freezing.

35. FAVORITE DESSERT?

My favourite dessert is the Brownie Cheesecake a la mode from Cheesecake Facatory. A treat I get to have once a year when I'm in Florida!

36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?

I love spinning, and I love the elliptical. I like strength training, too, so I guess... both?

37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?

Laptop on my lap while watching TV. Remember, I love to multi-task!

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

I just finished Gone Girl, and now am starting either My Name Is Memory or The Postmistress.

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

In my office, it's two pictures: one of me with each of my children, both taken in Florida.

40. FAVORITE SOUND?

My children laughing. Best sound ever. Also: ocean waves, and my music. I cannot function without my music.

41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?

My favourite music to listen to is rock. I love the Eagles, Tom Petty, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Tragically Hip, Blue Rodeo, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, Prince, U2, The Who, and also... lots of 80's music. And pop music. And dance music. And... well... everything. It totally depends on my mood!

42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?

Europe, I suppose—have been to Greece a dozen times.

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?

Not that I can say on my PG blog! Honestly, my special talent would be the ability to function on no more than five hours of sleep (for the last seven years!) Also... I make a great meat sauce. And I am very successful at getting other people to do what I want, because I like to think I'm always right. My special talent is asking for what I want.

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?

See above.

46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?

Pink-ish coloured bricks, with cream coloured colomns and door/garage.

47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?

My amazing 2011 VW Jetta is Jetta... I love my stick-shift Jetta so, so much. I'm a VW girl for life!

48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?

I actually had a blast doing this—and you should totally try this too! I'd love to read your answers.

Thanks to Elaine for asking me to do this on my blog, because now I can blog like it's 2009 again!

Comments

Avitable said…
Convincing brands to give you awesome free products is totally something you could talk about on your PG blog!

I think I'll do this too. I need a writing prompt and this will work.
Managed Chaos said…
Elaine inspired me too with her old school blogging post. Super fun!
Momo Fali said…
I love blogging like it's 2009! Now I want those boots and a new car.
Unknown said…
I love that you really miss your 19-year old abs! Best answer ever!! LOL!!! :D

Thanks for playing along, sweet friend!
Chantal said…
every time I see Apple Jacks at Costco I get the urge to tweet you! :)
Suzanne said…
Aww, loved this! I actually learned a couple things about you that I didn't know before. Who would have thought?! And I miss you too - more than you know :) xo
Ali said…
"And the older I get, the more scared I get of things that didn't used to scare me."

Me too. Not happy about it, though.
Issa said…
and the gym. Bwahahahaha.

I think I now get how to pronounce your name. At BH people always say LouLou and because of that I'd never heard it pronounced.

Canada doesn't sell Apple Jacks? WEIRD!
Kim said…
I'm doing it. Totally copying you and Adam. Thanks ! : )
I really enjoyed learning more about you!
Queen said…
Currently answering these questions and I'm AMAZED how many of the same answers we have right down to best friend in Dubai. I think we could possibly be the same person!
alimartell said…
Apple Jacks and carb lovahs unite!

xoxo

designHER Momma said…
oh this was fun. And now I want apple jacks.